We have a full range of customers, from beginners to those requiring custom carbon road and mountain bike builds with Di2 and eTap. In addition to your salary we offer a great working environment, friendly atmosphere and other staff benefits including Cytech accreditation and great staff benefits. We have a solid reputation in our area for providing sound impartial advice, delivering excellent customer service and imparting our knowledge to our customers.
Think you have what it takes to work for Bournemouth Cycleworks? Do you have a love of bikes and shiny bike bits? Have you got eye for details? Happy to talk to customers, good maths, computer literacy and healthy dose of common sense? If you’ve got this far, and think we’d get on, then we’d love to hear from you.
17th Nov 2020 – Full Time Workshop Service Writer / Bike and Component Warranty Supervisor
We are looking for full time member of staff to join our busy workshop team.
Attributes and knowledge you should have:
- At least level 2. Cytech, E-Bike, suspension and wheel building qualifications/training and experience an advantage, cytech or equivalent.
- Self-motivated and work at own initiative
- Works well as part of a team
- Great numeracy and literacy – must keep accurate worksheets / PDI checklists
- Eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to explain to customers the work that needs to be done in a clear and non-patronising manner and to give details of cost with accuracy
- Solid organisational skills
- Good number of years experience working with bikes, though not necessarily in the cycle industry. We live and breathe bikes and customer service, you should too! The ability to demonstrate sound mechanical aptitude, competence and familiarity with all the systems on modern bicycles.
Responsibilities you’ll have:
- Maintaining an efficient, productive and safe workshop
- Booking in, Pricing up and Triage of workshop jobs
- Maintaining consistently high standard of workmanship without supervision and work within time scales
- To collate ideas and feedback from our workshop team to improve our workshop offering – new processes, equipment required etc
- Maintain a clean and tidy workshop environment
- To prioritise jobs, maintain tidy workshop, keep paperwork in order
- Liaise with suppliers to maintain workshop stock
- Manage the bike and component warranty streams. Liaise with suppliers and customers during the process from start to finish.
- Cytech qualifications level 2 +. Training and certification can be provided to the right candidate.
- An understanding of bike fit.
- Custom building and race bike preparation
- Coaching and the ability to impart knowledge to colleagues
- Workshop work flow, job preparation and customer service experience – not necessarily in the bike industry.
Competitive pay and benefits.
If you are interested and think you fit the bill, send your CV along with a covering letter telling us why we should employ you to:
Or by post to:
I want a job
1143-1145 Christchurch Road