We have a full range of customers, from beginners to those requiring custom carbon road and mountain bike builds with Di2 and eTap. In addition to your salary we offer a great working environment, friendly atmosphere and other staff benefits including Cytech accreditation and great staff benefits. We have a solid reputation in our area for providing sound impartial advice, delivering excellent customer service and imparting our knowledge to our customers.
Think you have what it takes to work for Bournemouth Cycleworks? Do you have a love of bikes and shiny bike bits? Have you got eye for details? Happy to talk to customers, good maths, computer literacy and healthy dose of common sense? If you’ve got this far, and think we’d get on, then we’d love to hear from you.
23rd March 2021 – Full Time Bicycle Mechanic
Do you have a passion cycling, customer service, and the ability and knowledge to perform all cycle related repairs and servicing? Do you have working knowledge of current standards and practices in the bicycle industry? Yes? Read on!
Attributes and knowledge you should have:
– At least level 2. Cytech, E-Bike, suspension and wheel building qualifications/training and experience an advantage, cytech or equivalent.
– Self-motivated and work at own initiative
– Works well as part of a team
– Great numeracy and literacy – must keep accurate worksheets / PDI checklists
– Eye for detail
– Excellent communication skills – the ability to explain to customers the work that needs to be done in a clear and non-patronising manner and to give details of cost with accuracy
– Solid organisational skills
– Good number of years experience working with bikes, though not necessarily in the cycle industry. We live and breathe bikes and customer service, you should too! The ability to demonstrate sound mechanical aptitude, competence and familiarity with all the systems on modern bicycles.
Responsibilities you’ll have:
– Fix bikes! Lots of them.
– Maintain an efficient, productive and safe workshop
– Occasionally Booking in, Pricing up and Triage of workshop jobs
– Maintaining consistently high standard of workmanship without supervision and work within time scales
– Continuous training on proper techniques and methods
– To voice ideas and feedback from our workshop team to improve our workshop offering – new processes, equipment required etc
– Maintain a clean and tidy workshop environment
– Occasionally building new bikes for customers or re-stocking the sales floor
– Maintain professional environment in store and work area
– Understanding product knowledge to answer customer queries thoroughly
– Cytech qualifications level 2 +. Extra Training and certification can be provided to the right candidate.
– An understanding of bike fit.
– Custom building and race bike preparation
– Coaching and the ability to impart knowledge to colleagues
– Workshop work flow, job preparation and customer service experience – not necessarily in the bike industry.
– Have confidence working with suspension systems and hydraulic systems
– Have confidence working with major electric bike systems
– Have confidence working with Electronic gear systems
– Passionate about cycling
We have a great working environment, a competitive pay and benefits package and encouredge a continuous improvemnt environment. Every days a school day right?
If you are interested and think you could fill these shoes, send your CV along with a covering letter telling us why we should employ you.
Or by post to:
I want a job
1143-1145 Christchurch Road